Adult Basic Education
Computer Literacy Classes
Microsoft IT Academy
English as a Second Language (ESL)
GED Preparation and Testing
Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (W.A.G.E.)
Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Parents as Teachers (PAT) Program
EOC Services, Marty Wilson
Vincennes University, Van Buren Campus
Arkansas Tech University Ozark, satellite location
See below for detailed service descriptions:
- Adult Basic Education - Instruction designed for the adult learner to increase abilities in reading, writing, and computation. It allows students to reacquaint themselves with skills and knowledge necessary to move on toward higher educational levels.
- Managed Classes - Language and Math Classes are available.
- The Language class is designed to help students hone their skills for the writing portion of the GED test. Grammar is also taught with a heavy emphasis on punctuation and sentence structure. Students will learn to write paragraphs, which will lead into essay writing. Additionally, vocabulary and reading comprehension are practiced.
- Math classes are offered for students preparing to take the GED exam or students that are preparing for post-secondary education. There are several different levels of classes offered beginning with basic math and advancing up to algebra.
- Computer Literacy Classes (Basic Computers and Microsoft Office) - Crawford County Adult Education Center offers a variety of computer literacy classes, such as Introduction to Computers, Keyboarding/Typing, and Microsoft Office. Class times are based on student needs. Please call 479-471-0019 today to get signed up for our next class!
- Microsoft IT Academy - Crawford County Adult Education Center is now an official testing center for obtaining certification as a "Microsoft Office Specialist." Instructor lead classes are available to prepare students to take the certification exams for each Office program. Call today for more information or to sign up for our next class!
- Teknimedia - Internet based software that allows us to provide assessments of computer skills, training and certification. This internet based software can be located at https://ar.e-learning.com.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are available to any student who would like to learn to read and write the English language. ESL works in total immersion to increase the vocabulary and verbal communication skills of various students of the countries of the world. ESL classes also introduce students to the ordinary terminology of everyday language. Beginning students will also learn phonetic skills and how to read in English.
- GED Preparation and Testing - Crawford County Adult Education Center offers individualized help and instruction for adults interested in obtaining their Arkansas High School Diploma. Instructors are available Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00am until 8:00pm and Wednesday 8:00am until 4:00pm. Call us today to sign up for classes!
- T.A.B.E. Testing - Test of Adult Basic Education helps us assess the students' basic skills and abilities in reading, math and language. This allows us to provide help in areas that the student needs improvement in order to successfully receive their GED.
- Distance Learning - This class is designed for students who may need extra help in certain areas of the education or help in preparing for the TABE, Compass, or GED tests. In this program, students learn at their own pace from a distance. This is not a traditional, classroom method of learning. Students that are self-motivated will likely benefit from this program. Program requirements are as follows: students must log in and complete at least three hours per week, 12 hours per month online studying per state regulations.
- Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (W.A.G.E.) -With the (W.A.G.E.) program offered through the Arkansas Department of Career Education, students will receive one or more of six certificates currently offered that show an employer that the individual has all of the basic skills needed to be successful in the workforce. Available certificates include: General Employability, Clerical, Customer Service (Level 1 and Level 2), Bank Telling, and Industrial. Improving the workforce through W.A.G.E. provides support to an employer's competitive edge - better performance on the the job leads to improved products, better services, and increased profits.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) - The Career Readiness Certificate uses three WorkKeys foundational skill assessments - Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information - to verify to employers anywhere in the United States that an individual has essential core employability skills, The Certificate is awarded in for different levels: bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
- Keytrain - Software program that allows students to work toward obtaining W.A.G.E. and/or CRC certificates. This internet based software can be located at www.careerready101.com
- College Preparation - Classes are geared toward preparing a student for the college entrance exam (COMPASS).
- Citizenship Classes - This course includes instruction in United States Civics, history and government. It also includes a study guide to help students prepare at home for the United States Naturalization Test. This class is ongoing, so students may begin at any time. Please call the Center for class times.
- Parents As Teachers Program (PAT) - Parents as Teachers is a parent education and support program for expectant parents and parents of young children birth to 5 years. The program is based on the beliefs that parents are their children's first and most influential teachers and that the early years lay the foundation for children's success in school and in life. Parents enrolled in the program receive services delivered by a certified parent educator.
- EOC Services, Marty Wilson - Educational Opportunities Center holds an office at the Crawford County Adult Education Center to provide help with federal financial aid, career information, and college major help.
- Vincennes University, Van Buren Campus - College classes are now available in Van Buren at Crawford County Adult Education Center. Please contact us today for enrollment information or help with financial aid!
- Arkansas Tech Ozark Campus Site